08 January, 2019
When you install, uninstall or update any program on the Windows, then have you ever noticed any error flashing on your screen which states that the windows installer service could not be accessed? If so, then you might have to look for a quick fix of this problem by making the use of the Microsoft support.
Generally, most of the programs are installed, uninstalled and updated without the need of any administration access. At times, the unstable networks may sometimes cause some problems in the smooth installation proceedings of the software. This is when you might have to face the windows installer error on your system for the fix you can connect at Microsoft Support Number UK.
Steps to follow for the solution:
If you have also encountered this problem, then here are some of the steps that you should follow for getting the required relief from the problem:
1. Be sure that the Windows Installer Service is running:
If the installer service in your device is disabled, then you might face this issue. Thus, you should take care that you have successfully enabled the required service. For this, follow these steps:
• Click on the start and then search for Run
• Type ‘msconfig' in the open box and then click on the ‘OK' button
• In the service tab, tick and choose the checkbox which is next to the windows installer
• Click again on the ‘OK' button
• After that, restart your system to ensure the successful completion of the enabling of the service
2. Delete the MSIEXEC file without an extension:
For the proper functioning of the windows installer, it is important that your system should have only 1 MSIEXEC file with the appropriate extension. But there can be a case that another MSIEXEC file may get created and that too without an extension.
This newly created file can cause a problem in the normal working of the windows installer and thus should be taken care of. For this, you can rename this newly created MSIEXEC file with an extension of .OLD, as it will help the windows installer to work properly in the required desired manner.
3. Re-register the installer service:
This can also be an effective solution for the windows installer error as it removes the problems present in the previous version of the service. For this, follow these steps:
• Press Win + R keys together and then type ‘cmd' and press enter
• Types these lines and press enter after every line
• Close the command prompt and then restart your system
4. Reinstall the windows installer:
If you don't receive the desired solution with any of the methods above, then you should try this method. Here are the required steps:
• Search for CMD at the start
• When the command prompt opens, type these lines and then press enter after each line
Ren msi.dll msi.old
Ren msiexec.exe msiexec.old
Ren msihnd.dll msihnd.old
• After typing these lines, finally, type exit in the command prompt and then again press enter
• Close the command prompt and then restart your system. This will ensure that the windows installer is reinstalled properly
For getting the desired results with the successful functioning of the windows installer make sure that you are using its latest version. Delete the older version and use the latest version at its place. Also, after the completion of any of the method, make sure that you restart your device so that all the changes are appropriately placed at the required places.
If you further need any assistance, then you can get in touch with the Microsoft Support Number UK. The desired assistance in the proper manner can be expected from the professionals of the team against all the problems and issues that you are facing with the proper working of the windows installer error.